Wednesday, January 21, 2009

10 Commandments - Maddi's Interpretation

Quick "Kids say the darnedest things" moment...Kennedi, our six year old, said at the breakfast table this morning that she wished she could just be an adult. Maddison, our seven year old, told her that that was committing adultery, one of God's 10 commandments. Oh, boy...what a riot! I had to try to keep a straight face and tell Maddi that she was mistaken, but she was not easily swayed. I am not sure, however, that I want to explain what adultery actually is! Maddi is learning the 10 commandments in her Bible lessons for school right now. I am hoping that her teacher will clear this up in an upcoming lesson! Kids...my life would be so humorless without them!

4 comments:

Shera O said...

i didn't know you that you had a blog...reading yours sounds a bit like my life. ha! traci, your family is beautiful and it's fun to keep up with you even though we live so far away! : )

Anonymous said...

That is sooo funny, Traci. I just love Maddison...she is just adorable! What did the little adulterer have to say in response to Maddi's declaration?

Anonymous said...

That is funny! It reminds me of a time my boys were discussing strange women in Proverbs. The older one asked me, "Should we avoid strange women?" to which the younger one replied, "No, just don't marry them!"

Anonymous said...

Traci, You are coming up on your year anniversary of the last time you wrote on your blog...maybe that would be a good time to give us an update! hahaha...just checking in on you. :)